The Dolphin Automotive Commercial Parking Sensor kit is designed to help with installation on oversized vehicles (compared to your average car) where you may have a longer wheelbase or wide vehicle where a traditional parking sensor kit isn’t going to meet your needs. This Comes with a longer power lead and standard sensors but with extension leads so you can use the extra cabling if needed. The audio buzzer also have extensions to give you a total length of 10m to get in the cabin. Along with a 4m power lead this should be enough for most vehicles to go from the reversing light (as your power source to activate the sensors) to the front of the vehicle.
- BUMPER BRACKETS. Comes With 4 Rubberised Under Bumper Mounting Brackets & Drill Screws For Fixing Under Crash Bar or Bodywork.
- LONGER LEADS. 4 x 2.5m Meter Long Parking Sensors + 4 x 4m Extension Leads. Gives You Flexibility on Installation With The Location of The Brain box and Cable Routing.
- AUDIO BEEP. You Can Get The Traditional Audio Only Alerts with a Piezo Buzzer Supplied With 10m of Cabling.
- ADJUSTABLE. Control Unit With Adjustable Sensitivity and a Longer 4m Power Lead, Again for Added Installation Flexibility.
- SWAP SOCKET. Comes With Watertight Swap Sockets for Easy Sensor Installation or Sensor Replacement if They Get Knocked & Damaged.
- CUSTOM. This Kit is Designed for Vans, Lorries and Longer Wheelbase Vehicles That Do Not Have a Traditional Rear Bumper. Both 12v & 24v Compatible
The main difference and the commercial aspect of this kit over a standard parking sensor kit is the 4 under bumper mounting brackets that are included and supplied with 4 drill screws – screws which start with a drill bit design – to bolt the brackets onto metal bodywork or indeed a crash bar or Safe T Bar but depending on the type of metal or thickness you might still want to pre-drill the required holes. Alternatively a strong adhesive might suffice (not supplied). The brackets are made from a stiff rubber compound rather than plastic so the have some ‘give’ and will not shatter under vibration or harsh weather as competitors might. The kit comes with the usual hole cutter so if you have a suitable bumper or place to drill sensors into then they can still be fitted in the usual way.
The kit has a watertight swap socket feature based 6 inches from the sensor heads, it makes installation quicker and easier. Also should you ever have a problem with faulty sensors or accident damage in the future it facilitates easy replacement without having to rewire from scratch.